Proin lobortis tempus odio eget venenatis. Proin fermentum ut massa at bibendum. Proin bibendum...
PrEP is a Daily Pill that Prevents HIV
Teleprep: HIV Prevention at Your Fingertips
TelePrEP HIV prevention is a system that provides delivery of medical services to patients in Texas and New Mexico via laptop, smartphone, or tablet. Patients are able to visit with a TelePrEP provider through a secure, HIPAA compliant app and obtain labs locally through an outpatient site.
Patients can have PrEP safely delivered to their homes without having to travel long distances, while keeping their privacy.
- PrEP is short for pre-exposure prophylaxis.
- PrEP is a strategy that combines Truvada® (emtricitabine 200 mg/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate 300 mg) and safer practices to reduce the risk of HIV.
- Truvada was developed by Gilead and was available in 2012 as a novel antiretroviral medication to reduce the risk of HIV.
- Truvada is intended to be used together with safe sex practices, as this has demonstrated a reduction in new HIV infections. Truvada is not to be used alone as an only HIV prevention method.
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) both recommend the use of Truvada in a PrEP strategy for those at higher risk of contracting HIV.